You can make a difference in the life of a child in just one hour a week. Sign up to volunteer and become a reading partner (sessions run September-May).
Reading Partners connects passionate volunteers with struggling readers to help students build strong literacy skills, gain confidence, and discover a passion for reading. You can be a mentor, a leader, and a friend to student in need.
- No formal teaching experience is required
- Commit to at least one hour a week
- Reading Centers are open Monday-Thursday at local schools across Baltimore
Reading Partners provides you with:
- A highly effective, easy-to-follow curriculum
- In-person training and on-site support from a full-time staff member
- The opportunity to make a difference in the life of a child
If you have any questions, please contact us at volunteerBAL@readingpartners.org.
Join our team
Reading Partners has helped thousands of children in Baltimore become confident readers. Our volunteers and staff are dedicated to improving the lives of children and we are seeking driven career professionals committed to making a difference. Reading Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity.