Become a reading partner
Our volunteers become so much more than just reading partners. By sharing their knowledge and experience, they become mentors, friends, and positive role models to the children they work with. Working one-on-one with a student is a fun, effective way to change a life — maybe even your own.
- Be at least 14 years old
- Commit a minimum of one hour per week on a recurring schedule
- Most reading centers are open Monday-Thursday, 9 am – 4 pm (select centers are open on Fridays)
- Pass a background check
Team tutor days
Our three-hour, one day tutoring events allow corporate and civic groups the opportunity to change a student’s life through a tailored, unique team building activity. Team Tutor Days are scheduled
on Fridays throughout the school year. The Reading Partners program is designed for volunteers. Your team will be fully supported to deliver a high-impact, low-pressure tutoring session.
Suggested minimum contribution for a corporate one-day event is $5,000. Benefits include:
• Social media promotion including blog post on Reading Partners website and pre-/post-Team Tutor Day highlight on Reading Partners North Texas social media accounts (Facebook and Twitter)
• Recognition in Reading Partners’ Annual Report and monthly regional newsletter
• Light breakfast provided during Team Tutor Day
• Business name listed in the 4th annual Celebrity Spelling Bee event program
• Four reserved tickets to the 4th annual Celebrity Spelling Bee (February 25, 2016)
• Receive 50 grade level-appropriate books to donate to the reading center at the end of your Team Tutor Day
• Recognition in our annual campaign with the Dallas Morning News
Please contact Kelly Bush, development manager, at 469-999-7734 or Kelly.Bush@readingpartners.org for more information.
Join our team
Reading Partners has helped thousands of children in North Texas become confident readers. Our volunteers and staff are dedicated to improving the lives of children and we are seeking driven career professionals committed to making a difference. Reading Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity.