Become a reading partner
Our volunteers become so much more than just reading partners. By sharing their knowledge and experience, they become mentors, friends, and positive role models to the children they work with. Working one-on-one with a student is a fun, effective way to change a life — maybe even your own.
- Meet the minimum age to volunteer for the school district (volunteers must be at least 18 or enrolled in a partnering high school)
- Commit to a minimum of one hour per week on a recurring schedule
- Complete a volunteer application/background check with the school district
- Agree to and sign our Tutor Code of Conduct
- Attend required trainings
Team tutor days
Our three-hour, one-day tutoring events allow corporate and civic groups the opportunity to change a student’s life through a tailored, unique team-building activity.
Team Tutor Days are scheduled on Fridays throughout the school year and support students who need extra time in Reading Partners. Team tutor days are an impactful and fun way for groups to serve their community together.
Please contact our Community Engagement team at email@example.com for more information.
Join our team
Reading Partners has helped thousands of children in North Texas become confident readers. Our volunteers and staff are dedicated to improving the lives of children and we are seeking driven career professionals committed to making a difference. Reading Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity.