October 29, 2019
Other ways to support
Host a book drive
By hosting a book drive for Reading Partners you can help students in local elementary schools build their home libraries.
Local businesses, individuals, and organizations can help Reading Partners expand our Take Reading Home selections in local elementary schools so that students can start building their very own home libraries. We are currently accepting new or gently used books that fit the following guidelines, as they are in high demand:
- Books featuring characters of color (ages 5-9)
- Books for beginning readers
- Graphic novels such as Dogman/Diary of a Wimpy Kid/Dork Diaries
- Non-fiction texts focused on animals, sports, Black History, etc.
For more information, contact Shea Krause (firstname.lastname@example.org).
When you share your support of Reading Partners on social media, you can help others join the literacy movement.
Refer a friend
As a current reading partner, we are thrilled to have your help to recruit additional volunteers! Below are some resources to help you reach out to your networks.
Once you have identified one (or more) possible Reading Partners tutors, you can either:
- Notify your site coordinator
- Email our community engagement team directly at volunteerSF@readingpartners.org with their contact information, or have your friend/family member reach out to us directly
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us anytime!