Volunteer in SF Bay Area
We are currently recruiting volunteers for the 2019-20 school year.
Our volunteers follow Reading Partners’ highly effective, structured curriculum to help students gain vital foundational literacy skills. Volunteer reading partners tutor the same student for one hour each week in a designated reading center at the student’s school location. Tutors also receive regular training opportunities and ongoing support from their site coordinator.
- Age: You must be 14-years or older
- Time: Commit to as little as one hour a week
Tutoring generally takes place during school hours on Mon-Thurs, some after school times may be available
- Training: Attend a tutor orientation session to learn how to be an effective tutor
- Screening: Pass a background check and TB screening
- Terms & conditions: Agree to the terms of our tutor code of conduct
Bay Area reading centers
Use the map to locate a reading center that is convenient for you, then sign up to volunteer at that site by completing the volunteer sign up form, below.
New volunteer sign-up
The information collected in the sign up process will help us learn more about you, better understand and support our volunteers, and meet grant requirements. You will only submit this information once. If you have questions before signing up, please feel free to contact us.