Benefits & Partners
Reading Partners is committed to the growth and development of AmeriCorps members. We offer a supportive culture, ongoing professional development opportunities, and coaching designed to catapult you into your next career.
Over the course of your AmeriCorps service with Reading Partners, your benefits will include:
- Living allowance
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage at no monthly cost to you
- Public transportation reimbursement
- Childcare assistance through AmeriCorps*
- Segal Education Award
- CPR Certification
- Student Loan Forbearance
- Access to Community Partners and AmeriCorps Network
- Professional Development Opportunities
- And so much more!
Making the commitment to serve Americorps with Reading Partners is about more than the monetary benefit. It’s about making an impact on students, on communities, on the educational landscape in our country. It’s about forging lasting relationships and gaining valuable experience. Yet, we know it is challenging to live on a living allowance and we’re committed to ensuring that our living allowance provides other benefits in addition to the living allowance for a meaningful year of service.
Segal Education Award
As a member of the federal AmeriCorps program, you are eligible to earn the Segal Education Award at the completion of a service term, which can go toward:
- Paying future education costs/tuition
- Paying off existing qualified student loans
- Eligible educational travel
This award varies for 1700, 1200-hour, and 900-hour roles. This award may also be transferred to a child, stepchild, grandchild, step-grandchild, or foster child if you are 55 years or older at the start of your service.
For members serving 1700 hours in a California region (San Francisco Bay Area, Silicon Valley, or Los Angeles), you may qualify for the California for All award, which would supplement your Segal Education Award, bringing the total amount to $10,000.
Schools of National Service
As a Reading Partners AmeriCorps alum, you have access to AmeriCorps’ School of National Service network.
With over 300 colleges and universities nationwide, Schools of National Service reward AmeriCorps alumni by providing one or more of the following education benefits to students who choose to complete a service year:
- Tuition matching for the Segal AmeriCorps Education Award
- Scholarship or fellowship to AmeriCorps alumni
- Priority points for admission consideration for AmeriCorps alumni
- In-state tuition for AmeriCorps alumni
- Expenses like books and supplies, room and board, or other personal costs like transportation for AmeriCorps alumni
- One-year enrollment deferrals for individuals to serve in AmeriCorps
- Academic credit for AmeriCorps experience
- Other incentives that vary by institution